Sunday, October 4, 2015

Shepherds - Stray Ducklings Blog Waddle


Welcome to the first Stray Ducklings Blog Waddle!  We are excited to share with you our Christmas card ideas.  You've just come from Nancy's blog and I welcome you to check out the rest of our blogs. 



Here is my card that I want to share with you. 


You don't usually think of a Christmas card in these darker tones but I still liked the vintage look of this card.  I stamped the sunburst from the Kinda Eclectic stamp set on the Crumb Cake card first, then onto the Very Vanilla and then lined them up and raised them up with Dimensionals.  




The silhouette of the shepherds gave a beautiful focal point around all of the sponged background and the sheet of music takes you right back to beautiful Christmas carols.  By the way, our new Archiaval black ink pad worked the best of all the black inks I have for this project.  I love our new Curvy Corner Trio Punch which adds an interest to the shape of the focal point.  I also stamped the star separately, cut it out and then raised it up with a TINY piece of Stampin' Dimensionals.  Gold cording around the  music also brings some warmth to the card front.

I love the inside of this card.  Isn't this what Christmas is all about?
Inspired by Teneale Williams.

Now click here to go to Mary's blog. 



Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

2 comments :